Unternehmen des Monats Dezember 2022
GEOSYSTEMS HELLAS S.A.
Geoinformatics made in Greece
GEOSYSTEMS HELLAS (GSH) is a Greek technology-based company, founded in 2009 by Betty Charalampopoulou in collaboration with GEOSYSTEMS GmbH and METRICA AE, which later left the composition.
From February of 2022, GSH has a new shareholder, OHB SE, which fully took over GEOSYSTEMS GmbH, but remains a Greek small and medium-sized enterprise due to the small shareholding held by GEOSYSTEMS GmbH.
GSH offers high-quality earth observation / downstream space applications products and services, establishing its position at the forefront of technological innovations with participation in many commercial projects as well as, in more than 15 Horizon research projects and current contracts with the European Space Agency.
GSH's core expertise focuses on observing the built environment and its changes, including Smart City and road construction applications (roads, bridges, tunnels, airports, ports, dams), security, and shipping, with public and private sector clients. Another area that the company has invested in, is cultural heritage/monuments and intangible cultural heritage, having as clients the German and Austrian Archeology Institute, but also the EU through the H2020 & Horizon Europe programs, which contribute to the excellence and development of the company in this particular field. GSH’s dynamic profile is based on human resources and projects that combine technology with the user’s needs, facilitating his daily life. Having clear priorities and a strategic focus on the result, the company managed to develop the scope of its activities and secure a competitive advantage by organizing its resources in a constantly changing economic and technological environment, to meet the needs of the time and fulfill the expectations of its customers.
GSH has offices in Athens, Metz, and Heraklion (Crete). Having undertaken important projects as a downstream technologies system integrator (imagery, IoT, telecommunications, application development) that combines the latest technological trends, GSH offers its customers, innovative customized solutions including WebGIS platforms for Decision Support Systems, providing high-quality projects according to the need of the end user (with the aim of automating the tools offered) thus ensuring the highest possible return on their investment fully adapted to their needs.
GSH invests in certification and quality, holding ISO 9001:2015, ISO 27001:2013, ISO 22301:2019 & ISO 14001:2015, and regarding the security of its facilities, it has a National Secret-NATO SECRET-EU SECRET classification certificate according to the provisions of the National Industrial Safety Regulation (E.K.B.A.), by a competent department of the GEETHA (Hellenic National Defence General Staff).
GSH has been a member of EVIDITE since 2013 (Association of Hellenic Industries of Space Technology & Applications) and si-cluster and has an elected member on their Board of Directors, as well as the position of technical coordinator of SPACE 4.0. It also participates in EARSC (European Association of Remote Sensing Companies) since 2017 and has an elected member of the Board of Directors, as Director and the only one mandated by EARSC in GEO for the Ministerial 2023 & 2025. GSH has been a member of HellasGI since 2010 and has an elected member on the Board of Directors. Also, most of the company's members are members of TCG and GEOTEE (Technical Chamber of Greece).
- GSH participates in conferences and exhibitions, not only in Greece but also abroad (with the most recent participation having a stand in the exhibition Bremen Space Tech Expo 2022), participates in events of the Hellenic German Chamber of Commerce and Industry, such as in the "Smart Cities" organization, digitization and data management - 10.05.2022" and at the Innovations forum 2022.
- GSH invests in the continuous training of its executives aiming in continuously upgrade the solutions and services it offers to its customers, focusing on cutting-edge technology requirements.
- GSH believes in evolution, believes and invests in technology and state-of-the-art products and services that meet the growing demands of our time.
- GSH believes in "customer satisfaction" considering him a driver of development for new projects, but also the best "marketing"! The market’s confidence encourages us to be better!
- Geosystems Hellas is active presents great scientific competence and expertise in commercial projects upon the sectors of:
- Remote Sensing and EO data exploitation
- Photogrammetry and LiDAR data surveys
- GIS analysis and Web-GIS applications
Completed Commercial Projects by GSH
- 2017-2018 : LiDAR & RGB 10 cm mapping for road construction in the Republic of Moldova via Obermeyer
Geosystems Hellas undertook and successfully completed the survey of topographic background using LiDAR system in parallel with aerial photography, for the needs of flood protection works of areas of the Central Greece Highway “CENTRAL GREECE MOTORWAY CONSORTIUM Ε-65”.
- Austrian Archaeological Institute
Geosystems Hellas successfully completed and delivered to the Austrian Archaeological Institute in February 2021 the products of 3D mapping of the wider area of the archeological site of Aigeira. More specifically, GSH undertook the 3D imaging with LiDAR system and aerial photography and produced as final products: orthophotos and orthomosaic of very high resolution of the area, as well as classified and colored spot clouds. It is noted that the spatial resolution for the images is 5 cm while the density of points in the cloud is 15 points/m2.
- HMGS DSW700
On Friday, October 1, 2021, Geosystems Hellas successfully completed the necessary procedures for the maintenance of the photogrammetric scanner Leica DSW700 at its facilities Hellenic Military Geographical Service (HMGS).
- European Sensor Systems S.A.
Geosystems Hellas successfully completed the supply of software in the context of the development of an observatory system for integrated management of the coastal zone with remote sensing data for the Region of Central Macedonia. More specifically, it undertook the supply and installation of software for the operation of a Central Server, five Windows workstations and one Tiler workstation.
- ALEXANDROUPOLI 1&2
MANAGEMENT BODY OF EVROS DELTA AND SAMOTHRAKI PROTECTED AREAS
Geosystems Hellas successfully completed, in November 2021, the services “Development of Information System for Documentation Recording and Analysis of Spatial Data” and “Mapping of the Evolution of the Evros River Delta with the Utilization of Satellite Imagery” for the Management Body of Evros Delta and Samothraki Protected Areas. In particular, in the first part of the contract, the software for processing geospatial data and paper composition was installed and configured on desktops and tablets. At the same time, the employees of the Management Body were trained in the above software and a user manual was delivered. In the second part of the contract, change maps were created for the period 2000 to 2020, using free and commercial satellite data. Finally, the staff of the Agency was trained in locating changes over time using these maps.
In November 2021, Geosystems Hellas undertook the upgrade of the existing Hexagon Geospatial software of the Payment and Control Agency for Guidance and Guarantee Community Aid – OPEKEPE as well as the supply of new software.
Geosystems Hellas has high expertise in R&D projects since 2012 (ESA, Horizon, Interreg, Eurostars, National) participating in over 20 projects offering Geospatial technologies such as GIS analysis, photogrammetry and Web GIS development.
Geosystems Hellas is the Hexagon Geospatial and Hexagon Airborne Solutions authorized reseller in Greece and Cyprus.
Deploy the world’s most widely-used remote sensing software solution, combining imagery, terrain, RADAR, and point cloud data sources to extract rich information that cannot be detected through visual inspection alone. Our remote sensing software enables you to:
- Create remarkable value-added products seamlessly and simply through automated and wizard- driven workflows.
- Combine our next-generation spatial modeler with your ingenuity and greatly expand your problem-solving capabilities.
- Optimize your hardware investment by distributing batch processes across a network of computers, saving time and money.
Connect large quantities of raw imagery and transform them into reliable layers for digital mapping, GIS raster analysis and 3D visualization of the earths surface. Our photogrammetry products allow you to:
- Collect and update features for your enterprise GIS using photogrammetric techniques.
- Employ a single, seamless, process-driven workflow for triangulation, terrain generation and editing, ortho-mosaic creation, and 3D feature extraction.
- Leverage our photogrammetric expertise with extensions for real stereo visualization and precise 3D feature and terrain collection within other geospatial environments (such as microstation, Esri, and more).
Our complete GIS package is a flexible solution for creating, updating, managing, and analyzing your organization’s valuable geospatial information. Highly specialized functionality makes it ideal for extracting information from an array of ever-changing data. With our GIS products, you can:
- Generate and update vector layers, perform dynamic spatial analysis and reports, and automatically create and update maps while managing data and map production more efficiently.
- Exploit the power of your corporate database with support for extensive native spatial data-types, and with no middleware required.
Manage and disseminate your geospatial data on the Web. Create standardized Web Services for browser applications to allow open access to your data through interactive Web Maps.
- Use out-of-the-box browser-based webGIS apps to find, view query, analyze and consume geospatial data and services.
- Create interactive web maps using user-defined data and services.
Establish interoperable and scalable spatial data infrastructure to manage and serve secure or licensed
Develop your own Smart M.Apps to suit your needs using a user-friendly cloud-based platform that enables you to configure vertical solutions for your industry. Smartly monitor real-word changes, evaluate the impact and act on the result on a single unified platform.
- Keep track of infrastructure, traffic land parcels, sensor data or weather.
- Leverage machine learning algorithms, visualize the results in 2D or 3D interactive dashboards for spatio-temporal analytics.
- Access platform from anywhere with the native mobile application and set up workflows for fieldworkers to capture information on mobile services.
GSH is a reseller of Satellite Data. Explore data from our partners.
Geosystems Hellas is a provider of high and very high resolution satellite imagery. Depending on the customer's needs and specifications, we propose the optimal solution for each application. We also provide data to monitor a phenomenon at regular intervals. Indicative applications: legalization of buildings, vegetation monitoring, coastline monitoring, etc.